Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Playing Keep Up

The past few working weeks have been somewhat of a blur.  Time slides by so very quickly as the hubby and I try to balance all our work responsibilities with the added baby work load.  Semester 3 for nursing school has begun and is underway and I am again working to keep up the crazy juggling act.  Did I have an idea it might be like this?  Why, yes.  I was warned many a times.  Do I care that I was warned?  Umm.. no.  I'll tell you why.

First and foremost being told how I'm going to feel and maintain my sanity during the work week pisses me off.  I don't like people telling me how I'm going to feel.  On the contrary,  I like to tell others how I feel about whatever is going on in my life.  So, how does it feel? Crazy, backwards, overwhelming and kind of like one of those dreams where you are getting everything done 10 minutes too late.  Like the one where I'm  a waitress and keep getting to all my tables too late and pretty much ruin my entire night.  That's kind of what it feels like when you're a working mom and your husband works full time, goes to school full time and also is occasionally mandatoried for work.  Mind you, not for a shift of 8 hours of work UBT 24 hours of work.

That's correct, when he manadoried, he is gone an entire 48 hours and then most days goes straight to class.  Closest I think it comes to a single mom aside from deployed military dads.  It just is what it is.

Well, I will just have repost next time when I'm having a good time balancing both.. it might be a while.  Until then..

No comments:

Post a Comment